Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Road Rage

Yesterday I was at the receiving end of some serious road rage. This was a first for me but I guess with so many psych cases in Los Angeles it was bound to happen. It started out with Fergie recommending we go to lunch at Tandoori-A over in Westchester which sounded like a good idea to all involved. So we hopped into the Subaru and jammed over to Westchester no problem. The Tandoori-A restaurant has a tricky little driveway leading to the parking lot. It took me a few seconds to process the info but in that time I had applied my brakes and moved to the right hand side of the road. No, I did not indicate but sometimes that thing happens.

Now here is where is gets good. This freak in a new Mercedes almost rear ends me, pulls just past me, and shouts some obscenities which I happily return. Mercedes boy pulls away and we continue on into the parking lot for Tandoori-A. As we are walking down to the entrance of the restaurant, who do you think is waiting for me? None other than Mercedes boy! He obviously wanted to extend the length of our brief argument from earlier on.

Now, I have to think this guy had some serious rage issues considering he knew there was more than just myself in the car and still had the need to confront me. Anyway, I believe he considered the situation for a brief second once we rounded the corner and decided to give me a few words on how not using your blinker can cause an accident. Thanks Dad but I'm a big boy and you should be paying attention while your driving instead of looking at yourself in the rear view mirror and thinking how cool you are in your new Mercedes. Now, maybe when I was younger things would have escalated but I'm now able to keep my cool a lot better knowing that I am a father, have responsibilities, have to set a good example, blah, blah, blah. There was still a part of me that wanted to beat the #!@* out of him. I let it go and feel better for it.

So after another brief encounter we were on into the restaurant to have some righteous Indian food and Mercedes boy was on his way to harass some more non-blinker using commuters. As we all sat down to eat lunch and discuss the surreal events, and make fun of Mercedes boy, it seemed as though I did have one dissenter amongst the ranks who was siding with the enemy. All I have to say, Lucky McVeigh, is I keep my friends close and my enemies closer.

1 comment:

Russell said...

Jackaroo, next time we'll take him out! We should have taken care of that guy right there on the street.